Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist
Sun Genomics processes a high volume of samples from its customers that requires DNA extraction and Library prep for NGS. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing technical and scientific processes in a high complexity CLIA certified laboratory according to approved policies and operating procedures for various phases of testing. Additionally, he/she will participate in the development and implementation of protocols and testing procedures, perform troubleshooting, equipment maintenance and quality control documentation. This position will report directly to the Lab Manager and work closely with a core team of lab technicians to support production sequencing.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Perform various testing procedures on customer laboratory samples
- Perform sample (genomic DNA & RNA) preparation procedures
- Perform procedures in whole genome and whole exome sequencing workflow
- Perform sample and assay level quality control
- Prepare and maintain documentation to support the Quality Management System
- Experience with nucleic acid isolation and molecular biology techniques including PCR and DNA sequencing. Experience with next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based testing is preferred.
- Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in molecular biology or a related laboratory-based discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in a clinical laboratory setting; preferably with experience in a high complexity molecular testing environment (preferred)
- Experience in CLIA/CAP certification processes and laboratory operations (preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- Mixture of private offices, open space with cubicles, and wet-bench laboratory
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, bending and kneeling
- Must be able to lift and transport at least 25 pounds
- Sun Genomics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities of an employee to this job.
- How many years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you in San Diego, CA?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?