As human beings, we love to eat, drink, and partake in activities that might not be so great for our gut microflora. Our lifestyle can really affect our gut health which in turn affects our overall health. At some point, we’ve all experienced gut discomfort of one kind or another. Whether that’s bloating, constipation, or even diarrhea.
So how do you know when it’s an underlying problem? Try and keep track of when it happens and the intensity. If you’re starting to feel your symptoms more frequently and more intensely it might be time to get your gut tested to see if you’re suffering from a stomach disorder.
Common Symptoms of an Underlying Gut Problem
- Bloating and Gas – If you have that “food baby” feeling often, you could be suffering from bloating. Bloating is excess gas in your stomach, this could be a symptom of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), acid reflux, or food sensitivities.
- Heartburn – If you find yourself taking antacids more than twice a week for heartburn, put down the Tums and see a doctor! You could be suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). This could lead to damaging your esophagus and other complications over time if left untreated.
- Constipation – When was the last time you made a bowel movement this week? If you’ve taken number 2 less than 3 times in a week, you might be suffering from constipation. Constipation could be a symptom of many different digestive disorders, so it’s important to recognize the signs and consult a doctor to see if you could be suffering from a gastrointestinal disease.
- Diarrhea – Listen, we know it’s not fun to talk about diarrhea, but it’s even worse to have it! Especially if it lasts more than a day or two. It’s a common symptom in people who are lactose intolerant or have IBD.
- Abdominal Pain, Nausea, & Vomiting – Frequent abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting could be signs of an ulcer, appendicitis, infection in your GI tract or any number of gut diseases.
While our gut test can tell you the makeup of your gut microflora, we cannot diagnose your symptoms for you. If you’re suffering from any of these common digestive disorder symptoms, consult a doctor first. Once diagnosed, we can help custom-formulate probiotics to help relieve your symptoms and create a more habitable gut for your microflora.
Do You Need Custom Probiotics (Can Custom Probiotics Help You?)
If you’re looking for a gut health solution at your local grocery/drug store you could be facing what we like to call, the wall of confusion. There are so many different probiotics. You have to consider CFUs, brand, price, strains, refrigerated vs non-refrigerated, it can get...confusing!
Your symptoms might be a sign of a common digestive disorder, but your gut microflora is completely unique. If you’ve felt like your current probiotic is making you feel worse, it could be increasing the bacteria levels you might already have more than enough of. You won’t know which microbes to support and which to remove without knowing what’s inside your gut! That’s where Floré comes in. We’ll create a custom formula made just for you based on your unique gut microflora and your health goals.
Floré customers have reported these improvements in their digestive health:
- Relief from bloating, gas, and constipation
- Increased energy
- Regularity of bowel movements
- Improved digestion
- Better food tolerance
- Increased immunity
So do you need custom probiotics? If you’re struggling with these symptoms and have yet to find a solution that works for you, it might be time to take control of your health. Consider getting your gut health tested and seeing what exactly is going on in your body.